The purpose of the J-1 Visa Program for interns/trainees is to provide international participants with opportunities for professional development, insight into American know-how in the field of training, and a greater understanding of American society and culture. J-1 Interns/Trainees are expected to share the cross-cultural and professional knowledge they have gained in the U.S. upon return to their home country at the end of their training.
The J-1 Program is also intended to allow American businesses and individuals to learn about the culture and expertise of the participant’s home country.
Most of our participants have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and have been screened to ensure that they meet the employers’ requirements. This program provides students, recent graduates and young professionals with the opportunity to enhance their skills in their chosen career field through participation in a structured intern/trainee position, giving them an opportunity to improve their knowledge of American techniques, methodologies, or expertise within their field of endeavour.
Candidates can qualify for the program either as an Intern or a Trainee.
INTERN: Candidates need to be either registered in school in the field they are applying for at the start of their program or have graduated less than one (1) year in the same field they are applying for at the start of their program.
TRAINEE: Candidates must be a graduate for more than one (1) year from a tertiary institution in the field they are applying for accompanied by a minimum of one (1) year of local working experience in the field they are applying for. Or if the candidate has never studied in the field, they must have a minimum of five (5) years of working experience locally in the field they are applying for.
There are 2 options for this program: Full Placement and Self-Placement
THE FULL PLACEMENT OPTION :
“A personalized research for the best placement possible”
The “Full Placement” option is designed for candidates who do not have the resources and the time to search for an opportunity by themselves. This option is comprehensive culminating in the arrangement of telephone or skype interviews with sponsors and potential employers. The objective is to obtain a suitable written internship/training offer for you in the shortest time possible. This option is the best way to find an opportunity which will award you practical training in the United States. JIPA with our partners have been locating companies for over 7 years and placed hundreds of candidate in host companies all over the United States.
This option offers you:
- A revised market-effective resume in a U.S. format
- Extensive research to identify relevant potential host employers
- Telephone or skype interviews arranged with potential host employers
- Successful interview strategies
- Detailed information on companies with which you will have interviews
- Individual coaching, advice and follow-up throughout the interview process
- The fulfilment of the required documents for a J-1 Visa
- Relocation assistance after arrival in the United States
SELF-PLACED OPTION :
“A personalized service for your J-1 visa”
The “Self-Placed” offers applicants that have already found a host company, and the Host Company has offered a position to the candidate, to have their J1 visa process completed. Once you have a company, you need to find a sponsor organization in order to legally participate in the program.
JIPA through our partners provide the following for Self-Placed candidates:
- DS-2019 for the J-1 visa
- Health Insurance
- Preparation for the Interview at the American Embassy
- Ongoing support throughout the program
To utilize our Self-Placed option:
- You must be qualified as an intern or trainee for the program
- You have secured an opportunity with a company in the USA
- Be able to submit copies of the Company Workers Compensation and Business license
Our fees include:
- The selection process
- Preparation of all required documents for the J-1 Visa application
- DS2019 form
- Health Insurance costs
- SEVIS fee
- Pre-Arranged housing or housing leads
- Ongoing support throughout the program