J-1 Intern/Trainee Hospitality Application Form
If you are a Tertiary student or graduate in the Hospitality and Tourism field or if you have never attended a Tertiary Institution but have five years of work experience and a zest for the Hospitality Industry then this is your opportunity to shine.
Find out if you are qualified for our J-1 Intern/Trainee Program and get set for a life-changing professional development opportunity.
Our J-1 Intern/Trainee Program gives you an opportunity to intern/train in the States for a minimum of six (6) months and a maximum of one (1) year. This program is designed to have you interning/training in some world-famous hotels, resorts and restaurants, amongst some of the best and most talented in the industry.
Our hassle-free process will have you there in no time.
4 Ways to qualify:
- Must be registered in a Tertiary Institution in the Hospitality and Tourism field at the start of the program.
- Must have completed your studies in the Hospitality and Tourism field less than one (1) year at the start of the program.
- Must have completed your studies for more than one (1) year and have a minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the field you are applying for.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the field you are applying for, if never studied in the field.
Step 1: Get registered
- Submit a copy of your resume/cv with a smiling photo (see resume template below)
- Submit 1 Passport size picture
- Submit a colour copy of your passport information page (must be valid up to 6 months after the end of your program)
- Previous J-1 visa (s) (if applicable)
- Certified Status Letter
- School Transcript
- Copy of Degree and Transcript
- Letter of reference proving at least one (1) year of work experience in the field you are applying for*
- Letter of reference proving at least five (5) years of work experience in the field you are applying for.
DOWNLOAD OUR RESUME TEMPLATE
- Submit a completed J-1 Intern/Trainee Application Form.
- Payment of Registration Fee of $2,500 JMD and Orientation Fee of $4,500 JMD (non-refundable).
- Payment of first deposit, due 1 week after payment of Registration and Orientation fee (non-refundable)*.
*All documents must be submitted in order to complete the registration process.
Step 2: Job Selection
- Create a Skype account.
- Complete Skype interviews with potential employers and sponsors.
- Accept the host company’s offer.
- Complete payments.
- Sign the training plan.
Step 3: Visa Application
- Pay your visa application fee.
- Completion of the US visa application form.
- Collect the visa appointment package.
- Attend US visa interview.
Step 4: Bon Voyage!
- Submit a completed medical report.
- Make flight arrangements through Jobseekers International Placement Agency.
- Departure to the beginning of a whole new opportunity.
- Ongoing support from Jobseekers International as well as from the sponsor throughout the program will be provided
For further information, you may contact us at:
3 Cargill Avenue, Shop #9
Kingston 10, Jamaica
876 906 3654/ 876 906 8633/ 876 329 3355